Data Privacy and ICT Law
Fajardo Law Offices is a full-service law firm comprised of highly-skilled and dedicated legal professionals with extensive expertise in Data Privacy and Information Communications Technology (ICT) law, regulatory compliance and cyber-crimes litigation.
Our lawyers can provide the following range of services covering Data Privacy and ICT law, regulatory compliance and cyber-crimes litigation, including:
- Privacy Impact Assessments and the Development of Organizational Compliance Roadmaps and Data Privacy Management Programs;
- DPO and Information Registration Assistance Services with the National Privacy Commission (NPC);
- Development and organization of a Data Protection Office;
- Development of privacy policies, fair use and acceptable use policies, confidentiality clauses, notice and consent forms and mechanisms, information request/access guidelines and procedures, and internal access control policies and procedures;
- Preparation of data sharing agreements and contractual terms covering third-party data arrangements including trans-border data flows;
- Preparation, review and/or revision of data breach management protocols, including the data breach notifications to the NPC and affected data subjects;
- Preparation, review and/or revision of internal data retention and disposal policies and procedures;
- Review of and participation in internal data privacy training for Human Resource Management;
- Preparation and/or review of ICT contracts;
- Representation before regulatory agencies; and
- Data privacy and cyber-crimes litigation.
Our Data Privacy and ICT Law Team:
Juan Paolo F. Fajardo
|Academic Degree and Qualifications
Arthur Anthony S. Alicer
|Academic Degree and Qualifications||
Previous Privacy Work:
- Consultants for the Office of the Commissioner, National Privacy Commission (“NPC”)
- Assisted in the formulation of the Privacy Accountability Matrix currently utilized by the NPC in privacy assessment modules.
- Assisted in the development of the NPC’s 30-60-90-day compliance plans for the private and public sectors.
- Assisted in the preparation of the NPC’s Do Not Call Register legislative proposal.
- Assisted in the development of industry-specific privacy codes of the NPC.
- Data Privacy Legal Assessment and Compliance, Universal Bank Privacy Impact Assessment Project
- Data Privacy Legal Assessment and Compliance, Government Agency
Previous Information and Communications Technology Work:
- Contract and portfolio management experience relating to major Telecom’s transformation initiatives
- Assisted in a Government Owned and Controlled Corporation in its IT Transformation initiatives.
- IT contract review for ICT startups and systems integrators.
- Practice in ICT and Telecommunications Law, including giving legal advice to companies and compliance with regulations and policies.
- Practiced Election Law specializing in the ICT component of the Automated Election System (“AES”) during the 2010, 2013 and 2016 elections.